To prepare for Post 7, read Elbow’s “Revising By Reading Aloud,” linked on the schedule.
Then, read your draft out loud to yourself.
As you read, take note of things that stand out to you. Once you’re done reading, write about the following (you may use bullet points or paragraphs):
- What sounded brilliant as you read your text? What did you really like?
- What sounded strange? Why? Were there places where you got tripped up as you read?
- How do you feel when you read your draft out loud?
- What would you like to add or change in the sections you’ve written so far?
- How does your experience reading your text out loud match up with what Elbow said about the process in his article?
The post is due Thursday 10/15 by 11:59 p.m.